With your help and continued support, Lake Eau Claire and the Eau Claire River will be protected and preserved for future generations.
Lake Eau Claire and the Eau Claire River are a popular recreational area located in west central Wisconsin in an area that is largely forested and abounds with a variety of wildlife and recreation. There are five major impoundment lakes along the course of the Eau Claire River and numerous tributary streams which are part of the river basin. All of these work in concert to control things such as sediment and nutrient loads, fisheries and wildlife habitat, and resources connected to recreation and agriculture. Local community members and tourists use this area for a wide variety of outdoor activities which include: camping, fishing, boating, canoeing, snowmobiling and so much more. These activities provide a major economic base for local businesses and to the surrounding communities so it is imperative that we work together to maintain and improve.
Check out an impressive ariel view of Lake Eau Claire and Eau Claire River:
How money will be used:
- Sediment removal (annual cost that exceeds $150,000)
- Benefits: Improvements to water quality, waterway navigation, fish habitat and restore recreational access
- Fish habitat (goal is to place an additional 300 cribs at $60 each)
- Benefits: Woody habitat supports bait fish growth and reproduction
- Future projects under consideration
- Fish stocking
- Accessible fishing pier
How to get involved:
Donate today! Follow this link to make a donation and support the Lake Eau Claire Assoiction efforts!